Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

In order to make a rule effective, two puzzle pieces are required:
1.        The enforcer MUST be consistent, fair and firm.
2.        The people to whom the rule regulates must obey the enforced rule.
Agreed? If so, you can stop reading because I ain’t told you nothing you didn’t already know.
However, if you do not agree, continue, I want to discuss our disagreement.
 Why? I’m glad you asked. I want to discuss this issue of RULES so that we each have an opportunity to present our cases.
I used the word “case” versus argument, fight, quarrel or another negative connotation used to describe a “difference of opinion.” Okay, so moving right along.
1.        The enforcer MUST be consistent, fair and firm.

Dude, I promise you this is one of the factors. I’m not gonna use a statistic I read in an article, book or saw on tv. I’m going to use MY LIFE.  *Note: I only blog when something inspires me to do so.*

Over the past 10 months, I’ve accumulated (4) tickets issued by Jackson County:

1.        Parking in a NO PARKING zone
2.        Not using a turn signal in a school speed zone.
3.        Running a red light (stoplight camera)
4.        Improperly driving in a turning lane in a school speed zone.
Honest enough? So it was to NO surprise to me that I received multiple reminders of court dates and penalty fees that were accruing on my behalf at the Jackson County Court House. For the LAW (rule) says that if you commit a crime (on any level), you will suffer the consequences. Sounds legit right? Right!
However, what caught me by surprise is when I received a letter in the mail issuing a warrant for my arrest and a notification that my DL has been revoked until said warrants have been paid in full. I didn’t wanna tell you this part, but hey, if you report me to KCPD one of two things are bound to happen: 1. I will find out and HUNT you down and 2. I will probably go to JAIL. Do you boo boo, but you GOTTA be out yo’ rabbit…to think I won’t seek revenge. #IJS
Now, I’m not gonna justify my crimes…at least not on this blog LOL which moves me to the next portion…
2.        The people to whom the rule regulates must obey the enforced rule.
So, let’s just call me a “law-breaker.” I n the eyes of the state, I’m nothing more than a driver that neglected to read the NO PARKING ZONE sign, was more focused on getting to work on time than realizing the cars were driving under 25mph for a reason and did not stop at the red light. Simple as that; it is what it is.
Conclusion: Are the posted signs for NO PARKING and SCHOOL SPEED zones ineffective? Do the stoplight cameras need to be removed? YES LOL ahahahahahahaha *sigh* No, they are effective but Tam has dynamically succeeded in ducking and dodging the PO-Pos for the past couple months. Man, I got rent to pay EVERY 1st of the month. WTBS, I don’t have the $ to pay these tickets, warrants, fees and penalties. So how ‘bout y’all pray that the Lord would make a way ahahaahahha….I’m laughing b/c of my next part…make a way that I can stop shopping, start saving and more importantly not break out in a sweat every time I see FLASHING….LIGHTS (lights..lights)….Have a great day!
Think about this post the next time you make an exception to the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with reflections, questions and/or complaints. Thanks, Tamilah!